Dog Cupcakes with Frosting
A birthday is always a special occasion and your dog’s birthday should be no different. Spoil your best friend with our special dog cupcake recipe below. The dogs enjoyed this delicious cupcake. Due to the potato frosting, it almost looks like a real vanilla cupcake.
You will need:
- Cupcake tin
- 12 cupcake papers
- piping bag with a nozzle
For the cupcake
- 200 grams flour
- 180 ml of water
- 110 grams of honey
- 80 grams of peanut butter
- 60 ml of sunflower oil
- 2 ripe bananas
- 2 eggs
- 5 teaspoons baking powder
For the frosting
- 450 grams of potatoes (without peel)
- 150 ml plain yogurt
- 4 tsp water
- 2 tsp honey
- Doggy bone biscuits (optional)
For the cupcakes
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, mash the bananas completely with a fork.
- Break the eggs above the mixing bowl and beat through with the help of a whisk.
- Then add the honey, water and sunflower oil and beat everything together using a whisk.
- Then add the peanut butter and mix it through.
- Finally, add the flour and baking powder and beat it through using the whisk.
- Fill the cupcake tin with the 12 cupcake papers. Divide the batter over the cupcake papers. Bake the dog cupcakes until golden brown and cooked in the middle of the oven for about 25 to 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely (this should take about 30 minutes to an hour).
- Cook the potatoes, drain and let it cool for a while.
- Using a potato masher, mash the potatoes completely. Then add the goat yogurt, water and honey and use a mixer to mix everything fine.
- Fill the piping bag with the potato mixture and pipe the dog cupcakes with it.
- Put one party bone on each cupcake and then you can give your dog a cupcake. Do not forget to remove the cupcake paper.